Departure comes closer and closer. It is time to write a packing list again. I was reading through the list of last year on my tumblr blog and wanted to get rid of too much stuff, but I have prepared more or less the same amount of clothes if not even 2 or 3 parts more because it will get cold in patagonia and in the andes mountains. Fortunately I still have some days to discard some pieces – option number two is to send back some clothes I won’t think will be needing after the first few weeks. But I’d rather stick to the first tactics.
Well, here are the things I got ready this time:
- 1 pair of hiking boots
- 1 pair of running shoes (they are good for walking around in a city as well)
- ballerinas (keep them or leave them?)
- 2 pairs of hiking trousers
- 1 pair of jeans
- 2 Merino Shirts (won’t stink as fast even if you sweat a lot and they dry very easily, I absolutly love those shirts for traveling & trekking)
- 2 shirts for going out (or to school) (-> maybe I’ll reduce them to one because I can wear tanktops to go out as well)
- 2 tanktops
- 1 hotpants (for the beach, sports & sleeping)
- 1 skirt
- 1 dress
- 2 bikinis (1 for the beach, one for under a wetsuit while diving or kitesurfing)
- a pair of gloves
- a beanie
- a softshell jacket (northface)
- a water- & windproof jacket (jack wolfskin)
- waterproof trousers (thanks helena for lending me those!)
- warm undervest
- leggins against the cold
- 1 pullover
- thin jacket or a fleece (or maybe get rid of both)
- underwear & socks for about a week,
- a fastdrying travel towel, a thin sleeping bag and toiletries
- electronic stuff: such as a camera, laptop (to write!), smartphone & kindle (great for reading on the road because you don’t have to carry around all those books).
Too much, don’t you think?
Discarding the options in brackets I will get me closer to my goal, which is not carrying more than 13-15kg of weight in both backpacks, big and small.
And of course, if it won’t be enough, there is always the option of buying new things on the road, mostly even cheaper than at home.